Friday, May 2, 2008

Why Don't You?

In the spirit of the late, great master arbiter of style Mrs. Diana Dalziel Vreeland (D.V. to those in the know), I think I will periodical post some creative, slightly eccentric, bon mots of my own. I may even have by indefatiquably stylish cousin B. to contribute to these posts as he has one of the most sophisticated minds I know! In any case, here goes...

Why Don't You...
...when angered to the point of violence by a friend or a foe, get a rifle!
BUT, instead of shooting the target of your unrest, redirect that and go skeet shooting. Its much healthier all around, cheaper than legal defense, and supremely chicer. And imagine how good your aim will get?! Maybe I am naive, but I think it will go a long way toward alleviating a lot of Black-on-Black crime!

I am reminded of a terribly chic picture of Slim Keith -during her days as Mrs. Howard Hawks- at a shoot, looking statuesque, rifle in hand, wearing those insouciant slacks she helped make in vogue. I have the picture in Slim's autobio and I would post the picture, but I have lent it to a dear, chic friend who has yet to finish it and return it ( you know who you are!), but I will post it later when I can. In the meantime, here's a pic of Slim with D.V. and her husband T. Reed Vreeland at Kitty and Gilbert Miller's annual New Year's Eve party in 1952. Just a little eye candy! Semper Chic!

No comments: