Monday, January 12, 2009

My Favorite Things

I decided to do more posts that allowed me to express myself without causing me to write 4 page essays! You know I can talk forever and have something witty and brilliant to say on almost every topic, so conciseness is an issue for me...one that I am not overly eager to modify, but be able to use when necessary. Anyway, I figure this is one of many ways I can succinctly share my thoughts and feelings, but knowing me I will find a way to extol endlessly in this venue as well!
For some of you that already know me well, this ongoing list may not always surprise you, but hopefully entertain.

Rotary Phones:
I just got one. Not a regular black Bell desk phone. But a beautiful brass and marble table with the princess style receiver and rotary dial built in. I am a sucker for old-fashioned elegance and this table-phone reeks of it! Now I want a quill dip pen and ink well and parchment note pad to sit on the table to doodle and scribble messages on. I will try to take a picture of it and post it .

I also like the idea of having to be relatively stationary while using a rotary phone. Unlike a cordless house phone or a cell phone, you actually get to take time and focus on conversation. The fact that I have to practically sit at this phone, prepares me for the privilege of enjoying the pleasure of conversing with the person on the other end, whether it be brief or at length. It also allows me to think before I dial, if I really have the time or energy to engage in a lengthy conversation at the present time.

In all, its quaint and luxurious and I love it!

No comments: